Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vacation Photos: 7 Days at Sea

I mentioned in yesterdays post that part of our cruise was spent with 7 straight days at sea. At first I was a little bit worried about this. Not because I thought I would be bored, the ship is huge and has tons of stuff to do. I was worried about being out in the middle of no where, with no land around for that long.
We really lucked out with the weather, no real rain but a little bit of wind. The waters were fairly smooth and it was a relaxing way to spend a week. I took the same four photos from our balcony each day to document this time on the ocean.

While on the ship we got to take a cupcake decorating class and a few arts and crafts classes. I read the last two books of the Hunger Games series which I loved! I finished knitting a pair of socks for my aunt. We played cards and scrabble and spent a little bit of time by the pool when it wasn't too cold and windy. We also saw a lot of shows on the ship including the ice skating show.

(cupcake cheeseburger and fries)

The cool part of doing this was the route we sailed from the Bahamas to the Canary Islands. It was part of the route that Christopher Columbus took when he sailed to the Americas. On this map the red line shows his journey and the pencil line shows the route we took.

This is something that I would love to do again some time. It was nice to have time to relax before getting to the crazy touring that we did through Spain. Up next, lots more photos from our trip and I will show off the travel mini album that I brought along on the trip!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready to go again from the the other direction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely sea & sky pics... I bet those were great vacations ^^

    ReplyDelete